Views
Helpful
Replies

data migration error

ngholmieh
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to restore the backup data of LMS 2.5.1 on LMS 3.0

I used the restorebackup.pl script after copying the backup folder from the 2.5.1 server onto the 3.0 server. Both servers are windows 2003 server. The command i typed is:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>c:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl c:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\restorebackup.pl -d c:\aaa\cwbkp

The backup failed with the following error message:

>>>>>>> ERROR: lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet\cwpass NOT present. Cannot find NM

SROOT in archive

ERROR: Unable to delete directory C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\tempBackupData in deleteDir

ectory() <<<<<<<

The backup on LMS2.5.1 has generations turned off.

What can I do to restore the data successfully?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like there might be a problem with the backup itself. A file that's required to be there, cwpass, is missing from the cmf filebackup.tar archive. This could indicate an issue with tar on the source machine. Perhaps you have another application that uses Cygwin installed there, and tar was not able to properly backup the files.

Check the backup.log on the source machine to make sure the backup was taken successfully. If so, use WinZip or tar.exe -tvf on the filebackup.tar file to see if the missing file is truly missing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: