Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to edit (add,delete mod) any of the users in CCM3.3

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello All,

I am having some serious trouble here with Cisco Call Manager 3.3 .....

i cant do any edits (add, delete, mod) any of the users.

The following error occurred while trying to load the requested page.

Could not delete user. UserID = "xxxx"

Error No: -2700

Error Description: Delete of User Failed

(That is all information that I have right now.)

Is it related to DC directory issue? Please advise.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Howard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Howard,

This is most likely related to a DC Directory issue as you correctly noted. Here is some troubleshooting info;

This error message is received when you try to add/edit users through the Cisco CallManager Administration page:

Error: The following error occurred while trying to load the requested page.

Could not update user.

Error No: -2100

Error Description: Access Denied An Access denied message appears when the DC Directory does not run completely or is in a paused state. Restart the DC Directory in order to resolve the issue. Also, look into hard drive space problems, since low hard drive space can cause the DC Directory to go into a paused state.

When a user tries to delete a user in DC Directory, this error message is received:

Could not delete user. UserID = ""

Solution

This issue can occur if the DC Directory service has been stopped. In order to resolve the issue, restart the DC Directory Server service from Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. You are then able to delete the user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Howard,

This is most likely related to a DC Directory issue as you correctly noted. Here is some troubleshooting info;

This error message is received when you try to add/edit users through the Cisco CallManager Administration page:

Error: The following error occurred while trying to load the requested page.

Could not update user.

Error No: -2100

Error Description: Access Denied An Access denied message appears when the DC Directory does not run completely or is in a paused state. Restart the DC Directory in order to resolve the issue. Also, look into hard drive space problems, since low hard drive space can cause the DC Directory to go into a paused state.

When a user tries to delete a user in DC Directory, this error message is received:

Could not delete user. UserID = ""

Solution

This issue can occur if the DC Directory service has been stopped. In order to resolve the issue, restart the DC Directory Server service from Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. You are then able to delete the user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Thank you my friend.

I totally agree with you as I also found this "Fixing Problems with DC Directory " document!

I will test it and let you know.

BTW, I just update 7936 phone issue. It is resolved.

Take care,

Howard

Hello Rob,

It is DC directory service issue. The DC service was stopped. After CCM publisher and subscriber server rebooted, the DC directory server service is running. And the issue resolved.

I appreciate your advice.

Howard

Hi Howard,

Great work here! Nice to hear from you again :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: