cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Server Access Problem Locally - NAT PAT

rmakarious
Level 1
Level 1

i posted this problem before but i am providing more details right now in the attachment.

question i have

1- how to enable users to access www.mycompany.com address from insdie the same as outside since the ISP DNS pointing back to me becasue as of now it could be access by the private IP address.

why i was not able to telnet the router public ip address untill i NAT port 23 to the ip address of the lan ..is this normal?

3- in theory i could nat a static public IP address in range differnet of the router's public ip address to a private IP addresss on the lan side...however it is not working as shown in the scanned doc.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

No, you can not do like that. You can have one or the other but not both. Generally NAT router is configured to translate unregistered IP addresses (inside local addresses) that reside on the private (inside) network to registered IP addresses. NAT is designed to operate only on packets that traverse both a nat-inside and a nat-outside interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094831.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card