UCCX 5 HA - Add to cluster Error

Unanswered Question
Nov 9th, 2007

HI,

I have 2 servers where I have to install UCCX 5 HA

So I installed:

1) ServerNode1(WinOS,CRS,SQLServer), when AppaAdmin started, I selected First Node, loaded the license file, activated all components and Publisher Datastores.

1) ServerNode2(WinOS,CRS,SQLServer), when AppaAdmin started, I selected "Add to Cluster" and inserted requested information but an error appears:

"Add CLuster is failed because of ClusterException TIMEOUT ERROR while waiting response from Bootstrap Manager"

What is the problem?

Can you help me?

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Davide Fiumi Fri, 11/09/2007 - 01:02

I solved the problem.

I have to insert windows admin and no appadmin user.

Is it correct?

smaruvada Fri, 12/07/2007 - 08:17

When you add a node to the cluster, you need to enter the crsadmin a/c that you crated for node1 and its password. Reason being, once you activate node1, Administrator/ciscocisco a/c is disabled. Same is true for node2 but you don't have to create another crsadmin a/c in CM. HTH

bminetwork Sun, 09/06/2009 - 06:26

Hi,

I am facing simillar issue while adding second node to the cluster, the error is:

" Add to cluster is failed because of ClusterException SYNCH_ERROR Error while waiting response from Bootstrap Manager.

I am using the admin password which I created in Node 1.

Could you please help me on this?

Thanks,

Ali Isa

cogden Mon, 10/19/2009 - 12:36

Add to cluster is failed because of ClusterException SYNCH_ERROR Error while waiting response from Bootstrap Manager

Did you resolve this issue?

I get it when trying to add a 2nd node to the cluster, and I know I using the correct CCX Administrator user credentials.

Chris

Steven Griffin Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:34

This can also happen if you used a broken mirror, Ghost, or some other cloning software to create the Telephony OS. Each OS must be installed separately for HA setup properly.

Actions

This Discussion