LMS 2.5 link unregistration

Unanswered Question
Nov 9th, 2007

hi everyone, I would like unregister a link in home page under third party, but it does not work. Can I delete the link in a file ????

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Fri, 11/09/2007 - 08:10

Unfortunately not. The links and applications are registered in the same database. What error do you get trying to unregister the link?

renekrueger Mon, 11/12/2007 - 05:55

there is not a error mesages.

I've restarted Works and the machine, but without result.

renekrueger Tue, 11/13/2007 - 09:23

I have registered a rubbish url, now I can not unregister the link. I recieve not error messages, but the link remains.How can I delete the link, it is very important.

Thank's for your help

Joe Clarke Tue, 11/13/2007 - 10:46

The procedure is to go to Common Services > Server > HomePage Admin > Links Registration, then check the link you want to unregister, and click the Unregister button. At this point, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your selection. If you do not allow pop-ups, then the link will not be unregistered. Once you confirm the unregistration, then link should be gone.

If that is not working, there is a procedure to completely destroy then re-register all applications, but it is quite complex, and you will need to open a TAC service request to do it.

renekrueger Fri, 11/16/2007 - 04:42

Hi Joe,

it will appear the pop-up to confirm my selection (unregistration), but after confirm happens nothing, the pop-up window is closing and the link remains. ;-((((

The content of the link is nonsense, I've registered the link again (other names), is the same result, I can't unregister that.

Is there a simple method I can delete links? Or can I reorganize the database or so????

Thank for your help René

Joe Clarke Fri, 11/16/2007 - 08:12

As I said, you will need to contact the TAC to get the procedure to re-register all applications with LMS. This is not a trivial thing to do, but it will remove all of your links.

renekrueger Wed, 11/21/2007 - 00:22

Hi everyone,

I've recovered the records.db under \CSCOpx\objects\data\cmf\cmic\registry\ and now everything is correct.

Greeting René

This Discussion