cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 link unregistration

renekrueger
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone, I would like unregister a link in home page under third party, but it does not work. Can I delete the link in a file ????

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately not. The links and applications are registered in the same database. What error do you get trying to unregister the link?

Hi,

there is not a error mesages.

I've restarted Works and the machine, but without result.

I have registered a rubbish url, now I can not unregister the link. I recieve not error messages, but the link remains.How can I delete the link, it is very important.

Thank's for your help

The procedure is to go to Common Services > Server > HomePage Admin > Links Registration, then check the link you want to unregister, and click the Unregister button. At this point, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your selection. If you do not allow pop-ups, then the link will not be unregistered. Once you confirm the unregistration, then link should be gone.

If that is not working, there is a procedure to completely destroy then re-register all applications, but it is quite complex, and you will need to open a TAC service request to do it.

Hi Joe,

it will appear the pop-up to confirm my selection (unregistration), but after confirm happens nothing, the pop-up window is closing and the link remains. ;-((((

The content of the link is nonsense, I've registered the link again (other names), is the same result, I can't unregister that.

Is there a simple method I can delete links? Or can I reorganize the database or so????

Thank for your help René

As I said, you will need to contact the TAC to get the procedure to re-register all applications with LMS. This is not a trivial thing to do, but it will remove all of your links.

Hi everyone,

I've recovered the records.db under \CSCOpx\objects\data\cmf\cmic\registry\ and now everything is correct.

Greeting René

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: