Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn client connected but no traffic

mostafaammar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All NEtpro,

I am using vpn client v 5.0 and using router 3660 as vpn server without any previous configuration on it (no natting or access list)i am directly connected to router, i have done the vpn configuration using sdm wizard , the vpn client is connected successfully but i cannot ping any thing exept the gateway , i am using mtu 1300 on vpn client ,when pinging from pc and looking at vpn client statistics no packets are decrypted on vpn client , when pinging from router and using (show crypto ipsec sa) no packets are decrypted , can any one help please ...

2 Replies 2

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If there are no NAT or Access-list, then I would check the routing on the router. How is the VPN Client getting IP Address assigned when connecting to the router. Does your LAN or the IP that you are trying to access know how to route the packets back to the router, so it can reach the client.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

thanks for you reply ,

after the vpn client connects to router , there is a route injected in the router routing table that identifies how to get to the client .for example

pc----(10.10.10.0)---router

pc 10.10.10.1 router 10.10.10.2

i am distributing 19.19.19.0/24

i find a route in routing table

s 19.19.19.1 via 10.10.10.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: