cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 ADSL drops for a minute, can I debug?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a Cisco 1841 ADSL in VPN mode, every now and then it will drop for a minute and come back. This can happen only once a day. The ADSL line provider can't see that the line is the problem, however is there some sort of debug I can run for a day or too to see what is happening?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You likely need to upgrade DSL firmware.

You can access the latest at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

The one you want is 3.0.X, and there is a doc file that explain the installation procedure in detail.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

How can I see what version it's running?

You link doesn't work :(

Link corrected.

Check current version with "show dsl interface".

So it is:

Sh Dsl int:

SW Version: 3.8131

FW Version: 0x1A04

Worth an upgrade? If so I would have to try this over the internet and not console, high risk I guess.

Are there not debug commands to try as well?

Which HWIC card do you have? This is not ADSL over POTS FW.

I don't understand what you mean, It just came with an ADSL card from our supplier. Can I run a command for you?

"Show diag", and the complete output of "show dsl interface".

Here you go

Hi,

You have the older model WIC-1ADSL instead of the current HWIC-1ADSL that would accept firmware upgrade and is the recommended model for 1800 routers.

For WIC-1ADSL, I'm not aware of any possibility of upgrading firmware, per document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_bulletin0900aecd801d5c4c.html

You can enable the "dsl training logs", but I doubt it would bring to any improvement.

Thanks, it's only 3 months old too :(

Any newer ones I'll make sure I get HWIC. As I said it only drops for a minute and not too often.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card