cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP and DIal Plan

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following translation-rule and Dial-peers on the Gateway(h323) and i want to configure them now as MGCP in Callmanager (i suppose using translation pattern?), how do i do this?

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /0\1/ type subscriber subscriber

rule 2 /^\(.*\)/ /00\1/ type national national

rule 3 /^\(.*\)/ /000\1/ type international international

!

voice translation-rule 4

rule 4 /^4414/ //

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 0.T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

!

!

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern ...

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:X.X.X.X

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

ip qos dscp cs7 media

no vad

1 Reply 1

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The translations under translation-rule 1 are specifically for prefixing the calling party number with the trunk access code and leading zeros depending whether it is national or international.

These are configured within CallManager Service advanced service parameters, so you do not specifically have to configure translation patterns for these.

The work the same as in CallManager as they do within H323 so that when you receive a call or miss a call you can simply go to your directories and press the dial softkey without having to key in the full number.

Open the advanced settings for the CallManager Service service and scroll to the Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

At the bottom of this section there are four fields for incoming calling party number prefixes, for National, International, Subscriber and unknown numplan. Simply configure your prefix here as they appear on the gateway and update.

It is difficult specify what further translations are required without knowing what your incoming digits are and how many are forwarded by the Telco, and what numbering plan you are using within CCM.

Your VoIP dial-peer suggests that you have three digit extensions. Do these map directly to DNs within your CCM dial-plan? or will you be using different DN range?

The second translation rule implies that numbers not matching 4414 are ignored and 4414 is translated to nothing?

Regards

Allan.