cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services map links

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the map links after modifying the position of icons on the map. I moved things around and the links will not move so the map is very busy.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The links should absolutely move with their connected objects. Make sure you are using the one supported version of Java on your client.

I am using java 1.4.2_10.

The lines follow the object as I move it but they do not take the shortest path there. they are all over the map.

I have attached a pic for you.

Try re-laying out the map to hierarchical, and see if the links collapse.

I can do that but then when I move the objects where I want them to go I get the same mess. Can I not move the links like in Visio?

You can certainly move objects. I can't reproduce the problem you're seeing. I re-layout my map, then move some objects around, and the links move accordingly. Note, the layout engine algorithm may not be doing what you want based on whre you're trying to move objects, but unfortunately, this cannot be changed.

I got it. what I did was do the lay out symmetrically and then when I move objects the links moved properly. Thanks for the help

hi:

Delete the link, move the devices, and finally Perform Data Collection.

By the way, are you using VLAN trunking (802.1q) between switches and routers?

I`ve an issue with trunk lines, because as soon as I configure trunking on the router`s FastEthernet interface (through subinterfaces), the lines vanish off.

That is to say that routers and switches connected vía trunk interfaces are showed without any line between them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: