cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using RFID Tags?

sethgarnar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few new aeroscout RFID tags that I was told would work with Cisco LWAPP/Location. I don't see them connected but they are powered up. I was told you needed to buy software to configure the tags for advanced settings but they would also work without it in a basic mode. Anyone have any experience in this?

6 Replies 6

elkono200
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i'm also using aeroscout products.

i have running:

- 2 WLC 4404/02

- Aironet 1242AG

- WCS 4.0.217.0

- LAP 2700

- Aeorscout Tag Activator

- 2 Aeroscout TAG 3000 Tags for tests

- Software "Tag Manager" to activate and configure the tags...

my tags are not working. i don't know why not!

I have only few experiences with them products from aeroscout.

i searched and found following links:

WLC Configuration for AeroScout RFID Tags - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080870349.shtml

and

Wi-Fi Location-Based Services-Design and Deployment Considerations - http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns171/c649/ccmigration_09186a008073ce3a.pdf

i hope i could help you.

~elkono

Looks like we need a Aeroscout serial cable to program them. Not sure what your software does but I see that listed as a way to program them as well.

you don't need a serial cable.

my aeroscout tag activator is a wireless appliance. you can configure they via wireless but the range is very low about max. 3 feets.

and yes. you need the software "tag manager" and the activator. otherwise you cannot activate the tags and choose the working Data transmission type WDS and the channels etc.

bye

Good advice. Activator required. Back in the Airespace days when a reseller bought a demo kit it came with an Aeroscout Tag. Unfortunately, they forgot to activate them. LOL We all had to send them back to San Jose for activation.

i'm now finished with my small Project with Aeroscout T3 Tags.

my lab:

CISCO:

- WLC4404 - 2.0.217.0

- WLC4402 - 2.0.217.0

- LAP 2700 - 2.1

- WCS - 4.0.96

- Aironet 1242AG LWAPP

- 3750 Switches

AEROSCOUT:

- Tag Manager Software 3.1

- Tag Activator (wirless appliance)

- T3000 Tags (version 6.x)

my config on wlcs:

#config dot11 rfid enable

#config rfid timeout 480

on the 802.11b/g -> set the parameter CCX Location as enbled and the intervall 60secs.

my config on T3 Tags:

Channels: 1, 6, 11 (here are working my APs)

Interval sec: 60

Transmission Data: WDS

Receiver: 01:0c:cc:00:00:00 !important i had 01:0c:cc:00:00:02 and that didnt work for me!

the rest i left how it comes from the factory...

-> activate the tag.

and have fun...

i hope that could be helpful for someone...

~elkono

i forgot... the location appliance

WCS -> Location Server:

Location Server -> Administration -> Polling Parameters:

Activate Asset Tag

Intervall 120 sec

Location Server -> Administration -> History Parameters:

Activate Asset Tag

Intervall 720min

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: