cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confused about BAT 4.2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CM5 and CM6 is way easier than 4.2. But here is my problem... I need to update lines on a phone. (change from 5 digit to 4 digit) I thought it was simply enough to export the phone details to CSV, but then what? can I import this into excel and edit the lines, then import it back to CCM 4.2? or is there a cleaner way with the XLT file?

THanks much!

2 Replies 2

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

I have done it using the Export All Details option then I modify the file, then I delete all the phones and finally I import them using the new file. Keep a copy of the original file in case something goes wrong. I also recommend you to try it with 2 or 3 phones first until you feel comfortable enough to do it for all your phones.

HTH

//Jorge

So I really do not need to do anything with the XLT file. I can simply take the exported Phone Details of that model, export in BAT. Import to Excel, edit the lines, save as CSV, and import back to CCM. (delete the phones first correct?)

I can try it with a couple phones first to see how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: