CCNA question dilemma

Unanswered Question
Nov 9th, 2007

I recently sat a CCNA exam and came across a question on constructing an access list in a limited number of lines. However the question appeared to me to be ambiguous.

Do you

1. just construct the access list and move on to the next question without applying it to the appropriate interface.

2. construct the access list then apply it to an interface then go to the next question.

As the exam is marked robotically - which would be the right option?

Do the additional lines to apply the list count and therefore mark the question incorrect?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
erikjustinlee Fri, 11/09/2007 - 09:34

If I remember right, the acl will take 3 lines and applying it is counted as the 4th line. Unless the question specificaly says you don't need to apply it it will be wrong if you don't. Hope that helps.

c27freeman Fri, 11/09/2007 - 15:30

Many thanks for your reply. The question didn't say you had to apply it but it didn't say you do not need to apply it either. Hence my dilemma.

In the end my access list was 3 lines but I then applied it to the appropriate interface - guess even though the access list was written correctly I failed that question. Pity there is no referee!

akimalijbsk8r Sat, 11/10/2007 - 02:01

I just took the exam and I know exactly the question you're talking about. Constructing the access-list in three lines was just that, but I think it is implied that you know that you have to apply the access-list to an interface in order for it to work. I know when I did the question, I applied it to the interface and did a copy run start.

Actions

This Discussion