cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1231 Configuration

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I always have this problem when I console to the AP1200 to start initial configuration. I see it boot up on the terminal, but when i press enter to get started, nothing comes up on th eterminal.

So I usually connect it to the network, allowing it to obtain a DHCP address and the access it with that IP address.

unfortunately this is not working now with a new AP I am setting up. It gets an IP address and I can ping it, but cannot telnet or web browse to that IP address to configure the AP.

Basically I cannot access the AP for configuration. Can someone help

3 Replies 3

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

what happens if you reset it to default?

I would be interested in seeing what the vty 0-4 and vty 5-15 settings are but since you can't get in it...

i have reset it to default several times by poering off the AP, holding down the button and then powering it back up and then releasing the mode button.

i am unable to access it via console and telnet so i dont know what the vty setting are

HI,

for reset the ap press mode button for 20 second then supply the power to the ap.

after that u can use console for access the ap via hyper terminal.

thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card