cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call-forward no answer timeout

dboll
Level 1
Level 1

The default setting for call-forward noan is 10 seconds. Is there a way to modify the default setting?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

There sure is, can you tell us what version of CCM or CME you are running. That way we can get you the required info :)

Thanks,

Rob

Sorry forgot to include that. CME 4.0(3) and CUE 3.0.1.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

No Worries! This can be adjusted on a set by set basis or via an ephone-template (this may be where your current 10 second setting is coming from). Have a look;

call-forward noan

To configure call forwarding so that incoming calls to an extension (ephone-dn) that does not answer are forwarded to another number, use the call-forward noan command in ephone-dn or ephone-dn-template configuration mode. To disable call forwarding, use the no form of this command.

call-forward noan target-number timeout seconds

timeout seconds - Sets the duration that a call can ring with no answer before the call is forwarded to the target number. Range is from 3 to 60000. There is no default value.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_c1ht.html#wp1063669

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I know you can set it on a set by set basis, but my problem is different. All extensions are set with call-forward noan timeout of 20 seconds, but if I click on "Forward CFNA/CFB" within a User Profile of the GUI and it sets the call-forward noan timeout to 10 seconds for the users extension. I don't use templates.

Thanks,

David

This was very helpful to me. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: