Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI and Time Schedules does not seem to work

blittrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We have a situation where we want calls going to certain phones to go directly to Voicemail during certain time ranges but we want the phone to indicate a message is left if someone leaves a voicemail.

We are using Time of Day routing on the partition for the phones in question but when Unity tries to send it's MWI signal it can't lookup the number because of the TOD setting on the partition so the phone never gets a MWI on indicator.

Is there a way to bypass the TOD setting just for voicemail MWI lookups?

We are running CCM 4.1 and Unity 4.2.1 .

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brett,

It sounds like the ports in Unity used for dialing MWI can't access the desired phones because of a CSS issue. Make sure that these phones are in a Partition that the MWI Ports CSS (Calling Search Space) can reach at any time.

There is a nice example in the e-learning tutorial (check out the Conditional Time of Day Routing) example;

http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/bulk/public/celc/CMToD/player.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I did verify that the CSS does contain the partitions that have the extensions in question.

I think the issue is that TOD is applied to the partitions and when it is set to not allow calls MWI does not work either. This is why I want to see if there is a way around TOD for MWI.

That was a nice link you sent, it actually decribed those numbers a disappearing out of the system when TOD is active for that partition, that woul be consistant with MWI not getting the phone to show it's lamp/prompt.

So the question is now, how do you get CCM to pass the MWI signal when TOD is enabled.

Thanks

Hi Brett,

In that link it mentioned that the ToD should not be applied to the Partition that the DN's are in or nothing/no-one can call them. The recommendation for the callers (like the Principal in their example or the MWI Ports in yours) to be able to get through is to appy the ToD settings on a "Translation Pattern" not against the Partition.

I can't think of any other way :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ok, I was watching it on my lunch break so I was not able to watch all of it, I will check it out again and see if I can get it working like you said:)

thanks again, I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Brett,

No worries :) I know how busy things get for sure. Have another browse through. I'm sure that this can be fixed.

Take care,

Rob