cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why a WLC2106 crashes every several weeks?

jescamillah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Has anybody had to reset a WLC-2106 to make it work again, The wireless services stop and the WLC it's not reachable until is reseted, it has happened twice with 6 weeks between both events an I have more than one WLC with the same version (4.1.171.0) and same configuration.

Thanks on advanced

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this happening with both controllers? Are the ap's on one controller and then failsover to the other or do you have some on one and some on the other. If both WLC's have the issue, then load 4.1.185, if it is just with one WLC and not the other, then we would need more info.

How many ap's on each controller

What do you mean same configuration????

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Tanks for your answer

It's on different locations with one controller each one, 6 ap per controller, and it has happened only to one.

d-berlinski
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this in a number of controllers of mine. I am running 4.0.179.11 and actually saw this behavior in an earlier version. TAC reccomended this version because it was suppose to fix a memory leak due to EAP-OL packets. I am in the process up upgrading to 4.1.185. They say that this is a very stable version and I have had no issues so far. Just remember that you will need to upgrade in 2 steps if you go to this version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card