Failed BSCI - Best Test Simulator?

Unanswered Question
Nov 10th, 2007

Well after failing the BSCI exam on the first try I now have learned that the practice exams with the Cisco Exam Guides are not the way to go at all. Can anyone suggest the best test simulator? TestKing, How2Pass, etc?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
LordFlasheart Sat, 11/10/2007 - 13:02

Hey. I'm taking my BSCI Dec 1st. How did you find it? Usual sims on redistribution, virtual-links etc?

I hear How2Pass is very good.

Regards,

Chris

UCBNOCWAN Thu, 11/22/2007 - 22:03

Chris,

What about pass4sure.com? It also enjoys a good reputation in the market..

jorgenolla Sun, 11/11/2007 - 06:31

Test simulators? I don't think this is the way you really want to go.

Get the Authorized Self-Study for BSCI from Cisco Press, spend lots of time testing configurations and understanding the technologies involved for the test.

If you go about it via test simulators, no matter which one you use, you are very unlikely to pass the test.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

Erik Ingeberg Wed, 11/14/2007 - 01:24

How about a router simulator? Check this out: http://www.gns3.net/

Try out every command on a simulated network as you go along, only catch is that you need access to real Cisco IOS. This is the best way for me to actually understand what I'm reading.

wil_amaya Wed, 11/14/2007 - 11:01

I went on ebay and bought my own gear. It cost me $1200 but it looks nice and it helped me pass both my BCMSN and BSCI and now i'm using it for my ONT. If you can't get your own lab, then try Chris Bryant's website, his stuff rocks. www.thebryantadvantage.com . I'm telling you this from experience because it was his materials that I used and his suggestions of getting my own lab that i followed even though he does rent out his own racks. about $50 for 3 days i think. Anyway, check it out and you'll be golden. Good luck.

Wil

I take my ONT exam this coming Monday, Nov 19, wish me luck :)

nur_selim1980 Wed, 11/21/2007 - 06:18

Hi

Could u please tell me what type of simulation have u faced to the bsci exam ?

Hi There

Due to the Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we sign with Cisco prior to taking any of their certification exams we are prohibited from discussing the content of the actual exam or giving out information on specific questions faced. By Cisco certification candidates complying with the terms of their NDA we ensure that the certification is actually worth having and remains valued by employers.

It will be better for yourself in the long run if you take the time to learn and understand all the technologies covered in the topic you are studying before attending the exam, especially if you plan on moving up the Cisco certification ladder. That way you should be well prepared for what ever comes up on exam day.

Best Regards,

Michael

Actions

This Discussion