cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Manager Software

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

I have two NAC 3310s shipped with the CAS software. However, I need the CAM software on one of these boxes. What would the procedure be for me to turn a CAS into a CAM?

Thank you,

Ohamien

5 Replies 5

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ohamien,

You already know that you need one CAM and one CAS to make the NAC solution work. If you have purchased valid licenses then a call to the folks who sold you the two CAS devices is all you need. They will have to fix the PAK (Product Activation Key)for you so you are able to receive a License file from Cisco.

The boxes are licensed with the ethernet0 Mac Address of the CAM. Designate one of them a CAM and determine the MAC address via the CLI. All licensing is down via the GUI of the CAM.

The CAM software can be downloaded to from CCO and is installed most easily by burning it to a disk.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually purchased a NAC failover bundle (Thanks to my friends at the Parner Reseller Helpline) So, I acually have two CAS servers, I don't recall any PAKs to register, but I will take another look. Is it possible to purchase the CAM license?

Thanks,

Ohamien

Yes, you can purchase a CAM license but unless you need failover capability it would be better

to trade in the server failover bundle and then purchase one CAM and CAS license.

The CAS Failover bundle works with the CAM failover bundle. This setup requires 4 appliances in total.

There is an excellent book from the Cisco Press by Jamey Heary on the NAC appliance which I recommend you read.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Paul

Just noted that you work for Forsythe, I have a friend that works for them now, doing IPT installations.

At any rate, we ordered this NAC bundle many months ago, the project got held while we worked on switching, IPT, MeetingPlace, IPCC, and Wireless. That said, I am not sure how apt Cisco will be to take it back....

If the CAM license is not terribly expensive, we may have to go that route.

Thanks Paul.

Ohamien

Hi Ohamien,

Glad to be of some help. Thanks for mentioning Forsythe.

Best,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card