Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems upgrading signatures

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a 2821 cisco router with intrusion prevention system ON. I can update signatures but, when I try to implement signatures, the SDM says that I need a xx.zip format file which has been downloaded from cisco.com

I do not have any xx.zip file, only a sdf file uploaded to the flash.

what can I do?

Best regards

6 Replies 6

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

.sdf files were used with version of IOS prior to 12.4(11)T. You can either downgrade your IOS software, or retune your new signature files (now they are a whole directory of files) in SDM.

HI,

My 2821 has this IOS version:

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-6.T2.bin

I have no support to upgrade from cisco this ios version, then how can I upgrade the IPS?

Best regards

Hi again,

I have

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.T.bin.

Is bigger newer than I have installed isnt it?

If you have a CCO account, you can find the signature.zip files here: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ios-sigup

Hi,

No, I do not have any cco profile, I do not know how to purchase, how much it is.. and more.

I have a c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-13.bin, I will upgrade from c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-6T2.bin.

Hi again,

I follow this link using my actual profile and show this message:

NOTE:

There are currently no files for this type.

The most current Cisco recommended Basic and Advanced signature sets are in 128MB.sdf and 256MB.sdf files, respectively. Those files can be downloaded to SDM or CSM/IPS-MC directly from this page or to a Cisco router from a local FTP/TFTP/HTTP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card