CCENT on First Try

Unanswered Question
Nov 11th, 2007

They say the Jouney of a Thousand Miles begins with but a Single Step.

After studying Wendell Odom's (new) CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, I passed the 640-822 with 883 on the first time. I had my doubts because of trouble with the sample exams, but I found the real test to be much easier than the sample questions and I had more than 25 minutes left on the clock.

Next Stop, ICND2 exam = CCNA.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pipemajor Sun, 11/11/2007 - 21:40

Not bad, congrats. I've got quite a few years in networking but not particularly w/Cisco. I failed the 640-607 CCNA exam 4 years ago. Took the 640-821 INTRO exam in summer '06 and passed then started to work on the 640-811 ICND exam. Failed that in fall of '06. Started working on it again last summer and just failed for the 2nd time last week.

I'm perplexed. I wasn't very well prepared for the 1st attempt at ICND and time ran out in the middle of a simulation which caused the remaining 12 questions to get left unanswered.

My recent attempt I had gone through the entire book again and felt pretty confident. Even when I hit the "end Exam" button I felt good - until I saw my score. Even though I completed this exam I barely scored better than my last attempt.

Cisco says I can take the ICND2 exam to finish the CCNA. I have a case opened with them asking if I can take the ICND1 then the ICND2 since it's been nearly 18 months since I passed the old INTRO exam. Case is still pending.

BTW, I find the new Cisco Press books a bit less ambiguous compared to the previous version.

HayesKenneth1 Mon, 11/12/2007 - 05:16

congradulations! any advice you recommend when studying the CCENT? like which areas to hit the hardest in?

tkonstantin Wed, 11/28/2007 - 13:35

Hey there, 883 is pretty good. I have the same book that just came out this year for CCENT. I passed my Comptia Network+ exam and I am planning on taking the CCENT exam early january 2008. Do you have any tips on what areas to study the most? Thanks, Id appreciate your input.

jmatty520 Thu, 11/29/2007 - 12:03

for all of you looking for advise, I have some. I got the Network+ certification in 2006 and then passed the first ccna test (intro) in February this year. Then I just took the ICND test (2nd ccna test) and got 50% on it. The major problem with it is it gives you 60 minutes to answer 40 questions. That was not enough time for me. If you don't know it like an expert that deals with that stuff every day, it's going to be very hard. I would suggest spending money on practice tests. I had the Cisco Press ICND book and practice tests from a friend and it wasn't nearly enough. You should know STP very well. Also be very familiar with looking at a picture of lots of routers and switches and ip addresses for them. The test had lots of questions where you look at a picture or diagram and then answer questions about them but it takes a minute just to familiarize yourself with the whole diagram and what devices are connected to what. Maybe spend money on a few different vendors' practice tests. I may try again in a few months but right now I'm burned out!

HayesKenneth1 Fri, 11/30/2007 - 07:03

So I heard. I'm just confused on which areas to focus the hardest on, and my lab alone I think I'm lacking certain things. I have a switch and 2 routers, but I'm missing some things. I hope I pass on my first time around.

Actions

This Discussion