cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME not compatible with NM-16ESW-1GIG

azeindler
Level 1
Level 1

Could not manage NM-16ESW-1GIG with CW LMS RME. Should it work or it is not supported in RME?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I thought these modules were basically 3750s on a stick, so they should be supported. What's the sysObjectID of this switch module?

SysID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.702

No, there is currently no support for this module using that sysObjectID. Does this module offer the command:

snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

If so, using that command will allow RME to manage the device as if it were a 3750-STACK.

Thanks for your mail.

We could configure the above command but in the running configuration we don't see the command appear.

We try to delete the device from DCR and reimport it, but the result is the same:

- Device Unknown and no chance to get the configuration in RME.

Any other ideas

If that command is not valid, then RME will not be able to support this device until a device package update appears for it. I know of no ETA for ESW device support in RME.

It means that I have to open a TAC case or ask for a feature request?

You should open a TAC service request to find out if the support for this module is on the roadmap.

Thanks a lot for support. I'll open a TAC case

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: