cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio RSSI readings on 1510 APs

ralphfowler
Level 1
Level 1

In optimizing my system, I would like to see the signal strength of various other nodes as heard by the node I am optimizing. The only way I have found to do it is to let it mesh up and then go to WCS or the controller and see what the radio reports for signal strength for neighbors or children.

This data can be old and stale. Sometimes the "last hello" is 10-20 minutes ago, but I am certain the radio can hear the other one. It leads to a lot of wasted time.

I'm used to being able to use RSSI for antenna alignment/node placement, but this is sort of a "shoot in the dark, wait and see" routine.

Am I just missing it, or is there no real-time way to see the signal strength.

I'd be happy with a command line item. I just can't wait until it decides to show up on the contrroller.

Thanks

Ralph

1 Reply 1

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

You could get a quicker refresh from the controller to WCS by doing a "manual refresh from controller" command on WCS. Some of the features for MESH in the new 4.2 WCS might help you as well. Look at the release notes on the 4.2 rev of WCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: