cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help in design ace "waas"

eng.usama
Level 1
Level 1

I designing a waas solution and ace interception and i found some issues i attached simple topology for the network it has 150 branch and we will implement waas in 6 branches as start the topology has 2 6500 each with 1 ACE moduel .

1.as start i know that i shoul make 3 vlans one for server & 1 for WAEs and 1 for client i don't have problme in servers or WAEs my issue is branches connected to 6500 directly via serial so i can't make vlan for client to apply load balance service policy on it i need to apply it to serial interfaces directly

can i do that with ACE for example in case of client Vlan i was assign vlan to ACE do i need same thing for serial interfaces?

2.should i configure default gateway for core WAE on interface vlan500 of 6500(which contain WAEs).

3.I didn't configure fallover 2 ACEs that mean sepearet vlan for right WAes and one for left so will that cause any problme note that some branchs connected to each other i'm talking about asymitric routing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Usama,

Are you configuring ACE in bridged or routed mode? I have attached 2 sample configurations, depending on which mode you are using.

Answers to your questions:

1. The service-policy is applied on the Vlan interfaces created on the ACE module, not on the Vlan interfaces created on the MSFC.

2. In the examples I attached, the default-gateway for the WAEs in the Vlan interface on ACE where the WAEs reside.

3. You need to ensure that ACE (and WAAS) see the traffic symmetrically. I would recommend configuring the ACE modules in a redundant pair.

Zach

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

eng.usama
Level 1
Level 1

another question i know that i must permit traffic to pass ace via access list is that applied only on interfaces in vlans assigned to ace only or the holy interfaces of 6500

Just on the ACE Vlan interfaces.

Zach

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Usama,

Are you configuring ACE in bridged or routed mode? I have attached 2 sample configurations, depending on which mode you are using.

Answers to your questions:

1. The service-policy is applied on the Vlan interfaces created on the ACE module, not on the Vlan interfaces created on the MSFC.

2. In the examples I attached, the default-gateway for the WAEs in the Vlan interface on ACE where the WAEs reside.

3. You need to ensure that ACE (and WAAS) see the traffic symmetrically. I would recommend configuring the ACE modules in a redundant pair.

Zach

thank you sooooo match Zach it was so helpful for me

i was thinking in simple solution to apply load balancing policy in traffic passing through serial interfaces so if i create 3 vlans and assign to ace 1for WAEs & 1 for data center and one for traffic of wan

now i need to enforce traffic come from serial interfaces to pass vlan of wan

i'll cofigure route map to inforce traffic come from remote branches to go wan VLAN and then apply load blancing policy

what do you think about this solution

Hi Eng.usama,

I am planing for a deployment which sounds similiar to yours in scale. Can you share with me the reason you chose to use the ACE rather than WCCP to load balance the traffic?

- Bill

Hi,

What is the preferred way to go:

1. WAAS LB through ACE

2. WCCP on the VIP SVI

and what are the advantages / disadvantages of each solution

Is there any documentation for the 1st solution?

./G