Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager" command doesn't stick

I've tried to register 2 VoiceGateways with the same configuration on our CCM-cluster. On both GW's the "ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager" was missing at first so it didn't work. I've added the command on the E1 interfaces on both Gateways, made a copy to startup config (wr mem) and did a reload. After the reload one Gateway did register itself on the CCM but the other didn't.

Looking at the config showed me that on de GW that did register the command "ISDN bind-l3 ccm-manager" was still on the E1 interfaces. On the Gateway that didn't register the command had disappeared again! I've tried this several times but the command disappears everytime after a reload. Can anyone explain this and tell me how to make it work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ISDN status as Ajaz mentioned is fundamental to the gateway registering.

Typically the L2 ISDN status is shown as either MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED or TEI_ASSIGNED.

MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED indicates there is data link connectivity to the Telco ISDN switch. This is the state that you should see under normal operations. Any other state usually indicates a problem on the circuit.

TEI_ASSIGNED indicates that the router has lost connectivity to the Telco switch switch.

Also I have notice from the last 'show ccm-manager' that there are 13 failed TFTP attempts and that the MGCP domain name is different from a previous post.

Please can you confirm the hostname of your gateway, and also whether you have additionally specified a ip domain-name ???.

For example if your gateway hostname is VG1 and ip domain-name is domain.com, then your MGCP domain name should be VG1.domain.com and this should be the name you have configured for your MGCP endpoint in CCM.

If you have configured an IP address, then ensure that CCM is able to resolve VG1.domain.com.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

When every you restart or reload your MGCP gateway the command 'ccm-manager config' will initiate a download of the configuration.

It should not be necessary to configure the command 'isdn bind l3-ccm-manager' on the serial interface, this configured when the controller is configured with service mgcp'

For example, if your pri-group was configured as only 'pri-group timeslots 1-31' then when you attempt to configure the serial interface with isdn bind-l3 you find that ccm-manager is not available to apply.

Rather than configure the isdn bind command after the reload, could you possibly try removing and re-applying the ccm-manager config and identify whether it registers in this instance.

The fact the command is missing after the reload suggest an issue configuring the controller. Therefore could you run 'show ccm-manager, at the bottom it will indicate whether there were any problems with applying the configuration and post the output.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allen,

I think your suggestion has solved my problem. After re-applying the ccm-manager the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager command now sticks. But at the moment I can't register the voicegateway on the callmanager because I don't have a free ISDN bundel to attach. So I will test this probably this Friday very early and will let you know the outcome.

The show ccm-manager command now give the following output:

MGCP Domain Name: GW1-Voice

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registering with CM xx.xx.xx.xx

First Backup None

Second Backup None

Current active Call Manager: None

Backhaul/Redundant link port: 2428

Failover Interval: 30 seconds

Keepalive Interval: 15 seconds

Last keepalive sent: 14:52:38 CET Nov 12 2007 (elapsed time: 00:22:44)

Last MGCP traffic time: 15:15:14 CET Nov 12 2007 (elapsed time: 00:00:08)

Last failover time: None

Last switchback time: None

Switchback mode: Graceful

MGCP Fallback mode: Enabled/ON

Last MGCP Fallback start time: 14:54:13 CET Nov 12 2007

Last MGCP Fallback end time: None

MGCP Download Tones: Enabled

Configuration Error History:

FAX mode: disable

Can you tell from the output if this will work? For privacy reasons I have changed the name domain name and IP address.

Unfortunately the output from the show 'ccm-manager' will only useful when trying to establish issues as to why the gateway is failing to register when the trunk is connected in the first instance.

With this command you would typically see the status of the PRI backhaul, and whether there are any config errors at the time of the config download.

Incidentally ensure that you commit the changes once you have proven the gateway registers with CCM, especially with MGCP fallback enabled.

The reason is simply that the configuration is apparently not supported if updated whilst the gateway is unregistered and in fallback, this is going on was Cisco have advised.

Pls update the thread when you have been able to test and share your findings.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allen,

I had a short moment to test this morning. The "show ccm-manager" command gave the following output when ISDN was connected:

MGCP Domain Name: VG1

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Registering with CM xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager2)

First Backup Backup Ready xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager3)

Second Backup Backup Ready xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager4)

Current active Call Manager: None

Backhaul/Redundant link port: 2428

Failover Interval: 30 seconds

Keepalive Interval: 15 seconds

Last keepalive sent: 07:12:45 CET Nov 14 2007 (elapsed time: 00:10:14)

Last MGCP traffic time: 07:22:32 CET Nov 14 2007 (elapsed time: 00:00:28)

Last failover time: 07:22:02 CET Nov 14 2007 from (xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager2)

Last switchback time: 07:22:32 CET Nov 14 2007 from (xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager3)

Switchback mode: Graceful

MGCP Fallback mode: Enabled/OFF

Last MGCP Fallback start time: None

Last MGCP Fallback end time: None

MGCP Download Tones: Enabled

Backhaul Link info:

Link Protocol: TCP

Remote Port Number: 2428

Remote IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager2)

Current Link State: OPEN

Statistics:

Packets recvd: 0

Recv failures: 0

Packets xmitted: 0

Xmit failures: 0

PRI Ports being backhauled:

Slot 0, VIC 0, port 1

Slot 0, VIC 0, port 0

Configuration Auto-Download Information

=======================================

No configurations downloaded

Current state: Downloading XML file

Configuration Download statistics:

Download Attempted : 1

Download Successful : 1

Download Failed : 0

TFTP Download Failed : 13

Configuration Attempted : 0

Configuration Successful : 0

Configuration Failed(Parsing): 0

Configuration Failed(config) : 0

Last config download command:

Configuration Error History:

FAX mode: disable

A difference I see between the readings of the Gateways (the one that works and the one that doesn't) is that the one that doesn't work states "Primary Registering with CM xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager2)" and the one that does work states "Primary Registered xx.xx.xx.xx (Callmanager2)"

Maybe I was to hasty? How long should it take for the VoiceGateway to register itself?

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Marjolein

In addition to Allan's response, make sure that your PRI backhaul connectivity is fully available. Once you have done that please post the output from show isdn status

tia

Ajaz

The ISDN status as Ajaz mentioned is fundamental to the gateway registering.

Typically the L2 ISDN status is shown as either MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED or TEI_ASSIGNED.

MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED indicates there is data link connectivity to the Telco ISDN switch. This is the state that you should see under normal operations. Any other state usually indicates a problem on the circuit.

TEI_ASSIGNED indicates that the router has lost connectivity to the Telco switch switch.

Also I have notice from the last 'show ccm-manager' that there are 13 failed TFTP attempts and that the MGCP domain name is different from a previous post.

Please can you confirm the hostname of your gateway, and also whether you have additionally specified a ip domain-name ???.

For example if your gateway hostname is VG1 and ip domain-name is domain.com, then your MGCP domain name should be VG1.domain.com and this should be the name you have configured for your MGCP endpoint in CCM.

If you have configured an IP address, then ensure that CCM is able to resolve VG1.domain.com.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: