cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with SNMP polling through new VPN connection

zeu7
Level 1
Level 1

Am in a spot of bother with getting my SNMP management station (running Solarwinds) to poll a PIX501 firewall at a remote location connected via VPN.

The remote PIX501 had its peer changed from the PIX535 to a VPN Concentrator that sits side-by-side with the PIX535.

Although i can ping, etc to the devices behind the PIX, i still cant telnet to the remote PIX501 or get SNMP to poll it.

I also changed the default routing to get to the remote network, to not point to the PIX535's inside interface, but to point instead to the VPN Concentrator's inside interface.

Attached is a sketch layout for a better idea.

How can i correct this ?

Mark

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The PIX does not allow a Telnet session to any interface from a host off any other interface. For example, you cannot Telnet to the inside interface of the PIX from a host off the outside interface of the PIX. You can only Telnet to the outside interface from a host off the outside interface, and that traffic must be through an IPsec tunnel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card