cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500 Series & VPN Hardware Client 3002

maprevost
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure my network by doing a slow upgrade to the ASA5510 from the VPN3020, but would like to configure the 3002 hardware clients with the ASA. I have not been succesful to configire the two to establish a tunnel.

Are the two compatible?

If yes, is there a document or a configuration online that I could use?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, VPN3002 and ASA are compatible. I wasnt able to find a URL that explains the configuration between VPN3002 and ASA. But, you can follow the below configuration guide between Cisco 871 and ASA550 as a reference when building the tunnel.

PIX/ASA 7.x Easy VPN with an ASA 5500 as the Server and Cisco 871 as the Easy VPN Remote Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080809222.shtml

Regards,

Arul

I was able to estblish a tunnel finnaly with the documentation for the ASA5500 and the pix firewall. But for some reason I can ping the VPN HW client from the ASA but can't do the opposite or ping anything behind the VPN Client. I'm sure it probably a basic line but ASA a new to me.

Thanks,

Have you configured Network Extension Mode on the VPN3002 and under the group policy on the ASA. If you want traffic to initiate connections from the LAN behind the ASA to the LAN behind the VPN3002, you need to have NEM configured.

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: