cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM Install Error

jwright
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to install IPM on a server that already has Ciscoworks installed on it I get an error message that it will not install DFM or Campus Manager because they are already updated. Is there a way (that I can't seem to find) to install only IPM? The autorun is detecting that two of the applications are already updated and just drops out of the install.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IPM are you trying to install (I'm guessing this is LMS 3.0 and IPM 4.0)? What version of DFM and Campus Manager do you already have installed on this server?

Yes... LMS 3.0 and IPM 4.0. DFM and CM are at 3.0.1 and 5.0.1 respectively.

At one point do you get the error? That is, after which installer prompt?

I insert the CD and click install. It initializes setup and a message pops up about WMI running and that it will start and immediately restart the service to avoid conflicts. I click "OK" and the final window pops up. It is a "severe" warning and states "Cannot install CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution(CM). You are trying to install an earlier CM Version (5.0.0) over a later version (5.0.1).

Cannot install CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution(DFM). You are trying to install an earlier DFM Version (3.0.0) over a later version (3.0.1)." I click "OK" and it exits installation.

Lovely. Looks like a conflict between the DFM and CM SPs, and the installer. To try and workaround this, edit NMSROOT\setup\cm.info and dfm.info, and change PATCHVER to 0 in both files.

Then try to do the install. Afterwards, set PATCHVER back to 1.

Thanks Joe.... the workaround did the trick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco