CCIE Voice Study - Plan of attack

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2007

After taking to a hiring recruiter who recently helped my get a good VoIP job with my professional level cisco certs I have decided the potential compensation and opportunities available when doing CCIE Voice makes it worth the effort. So I have come up with the following as a plan of attack. I would like to ask anyone else out their who has done CCIE Voice if I should be doing anything else...

- Read all Cisco Press Books on the CCIE Voice recommended reading list and basically memorize them.

- Read all SRND's relating to CCIE Voice topics and basically memorize them.

- I've purchased the CCIE Voice training DVD, Audio CD's and Guides from IPExpert to go through and will do so several times.

- Practice configurations in the lab guessing at around 250 hours needed.

Is there anything else I should try to do to ensure a pass? One major headache for me is my complete lack of experience with CRA/IPCC and the complete lack of training material for this product other than maybe the SRND and whatever documentation I can find on Cisco's site. Any advice on that one would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
swmorris Mon, 11/12/2007 - 09:07

Labs... practice, practice, practice. Rent rack time if you don't have the pieces available locally to you.

Attend a bootcamp for some extra/added experience as well. But practice hands-on is what will give you the extra boost you need. Otherwise, I think you have all of the pieces listed there, just a matter of executing them!

Best of luck in your prep!

[email protected]

flash2200 Mon, 11/12/2007 - 13:06

The long journey begins :) Hope to do this over the next 12 months. Thanks!

Chris Deren Mon, 11/12/2007 - 18:07

I don't believe memorizing books and SRNDs will help you on the lab. Basically read them and understand the content and technologies. As to the lab itself practice and speed is what you should concentrate on. Practice all topics and know how to configure tasks with all possible ways, not just one way, as you may be restricted from doing something a certain way.

This Discussion