cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 Sip Call Manager 5.1

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if I can decrease the interdigit time out for a 7940 running SIP in call manager 5.1. Right now after I press the last digit it takes around 10 seconds before the number dials. My second question is with a 7940 running SIP is there anyway to just dial a number without selecting the line first? right now I have to select a line go offhook first prior to being able to dial.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

If the user dials digits but then does not press the Dial softkey or the # key, the phone will wait for inter-digit timeout (10 seconds by default) before sending a SIP INVITE message to Cisco Unified CallManager.The inter-digit timer is not configurable as such. However it can be controlled via the dialplan. If you don't have a dial plan specified for the phone simply create one with the following rule. The timeout is your new inter-digit timer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: