cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco H.323 gateway and H.323 Annex M.1 (QSIG tunneling)

hpham
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if Cisco voice gateway can tunnel QSIG signal across the WAN? We're trying to light MWI for phones at remote sites using QSIG. The phone systems are not Call Manager.

12 Replies 12

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

We dont support it yet.

You may check with your AM, so they can contact BU and fil a PERS

is there any alternative desing gogasca,

And HARRY PHAM, Wwould you pls let me know how you over come this scenario. We are facing the same issue here as well.

yes, configure T-CCS (transparent common channell signalling). Search CCO for examples.

That will transport all the timeslots unchanged but with optional voice compression and VAD, the PBX will never realize they are going over VoIP.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi paolo bevilacqua,

Thanks for ur response.

I like to take another case here which includes the below topology, shud it be applicable for the below scenario as well.

Case 1

**** Phone --> ICT QSIG --> GK --> GW ---> Non Cisco PBX --> Phone **** --> Calls not going

Case 2

**** Phone <-- ICT QSIG <-- GK <-- GW <--- Non Cisco PBX <-- Phone **** Calls are going working

Any way to make the case 1 to work, Change in desing also can be done

Pls help..

Hi,

I don't quite understand the diagram, can you repost mentioning exactly what the boxes are, (brand and model), and what physical links are used between them.

Hi paolo bevilacqua,

Thanks for ur response

To be simple and specific,

I have some CUCM 5.1(3) clusters w/ GK where I want to enable QSIG on ICT in order to provide CallBack feature across clusters. Is it also possible to provide unicode alerting/display name over ICT w/ QSIG?

I can do this on ICT w/o QSIG by checking "Transmit UTF-8 for Calling Party Name", but this doesn't seem to affect ICT w/ QSIG.

Is what the requirement

Hi Paolo,

Any chance, will it work..

Hi,

Sorry again, you need to tell me exactly what type of voice gateway you are using, and by which type of physical link (ethernet, voice t1 or what) it is connected to what other device.

However, T-CCS works for replacing T1 / E1 circuits, and nothing else.

Hi

Sorry for the late response. Below are the details

5.1.3 CUCM IP LINK (ICT) ----> (3825)GK IP LINK ----> (3825)GW ---> PRI connectivity to Another router (3845).

No, T-CCS is not applicable in this scenario.

Hi p.bevilacqua .

Thank you for all ur support :)

Hi p.bevilacqua .

Sorry to ping u for the same issue again.

Due to above mentioned design we have to create more Non QSIG trunks (separately) towards the GK for GW, which overloads the GK. Just wondering is there any command in IOS or any service parameter which can say dont send QSIG info to GW instead of creating Non QSIG trunks.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: