I need answers urgently please

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2007

Hello everybody,

I need answers for the following 2 questions regarding Router 7304 with 7304-NPE-G100 engin

1) what is the maximum CPU and memory utilization that is not recommended to be exceeded?

2) is it concidered as a blocking device, i.e. it is forwarding capacity is less that the summation of bandwidth of available interfaces?

Thank you

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Wilson Samuel Mon, 11/12/2007 - 10:44

Hi,

1) what is the maximum CPU and memory utilization that is not recommended to be exceeded?

Ans. In any router, one must not exceed 65% - 75% CPU utilization and 80% of DRAM available, and this is the principle I apply to not only 7x00 routers but also to all routers in general.

2) is it concidered as a blocking device, i.e. it is forwarding capacity is less that the summation of bandwidth of available interfaces?

Though technically NPE-G100 provides 1mpps of throughput however I shall be skeptical to say that it can Route-Switch even on its 3* 1Gps ports.

However having said that it can comfortable chew a fairly great amount of traffic through it when its expressed in Mpps

HTH,

Please rate all helpful threads

justuniversity Mon, 11/12/2007 - 11:13

hello,

I would like to thank you for your interest in my issue. Kindly find the attached pdf document that shows routers models and "Fast/CEF Switching" for each of them. It is written for the 7304-NPE-G100 a value of 562 Mbps and 1 MPPS. I would like to make sure that is this is the same as forwarding capacity of the router?

Thank you again for your time

Actions

This Discussion