cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 4.0(2) - Call Handler

infosys1
Level 1
Level 1

Have a call handler set up with alternate greeting transfer and closed greeting transfer. Alternate transfer goes to a different speed dial than the closed. This worked fine until recently. Now it will play the closed greeting for the caller, but transfers to the alternate speed dial. If I disable the alternate greeting/transfer and change the schedule so that it plays the closed greeting it will send it to the correct speed dial. Has anyone else run into this issue?

13 Replies 13

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

IF the Alternate greeting is enabled, all of the alternate greeting settings will overwrite the standard and closed settings. That is the expected behavior of Unity.

If it was working differently before then it was working wrong then.

rlp

I know that if I have activated the alternate greeting, it will overide the closed greeting. The problem is that I when I turn off the alternate greeting at 9:00 I get the closed greeting, but I get transferred to the alternate speed dial number instead of the closed speed dial number. Greetings work fine, transfer does not.

can you clarify "speed dials"?

Unity does not have speed dials. Do you mean caller input? or callmanager speed dials?

rlp?

Sorry, they are speed dials set up in call manager. I have the 5 digit speed dial number listed in the "transfer to extension" field. Unity just thinks it is another ext. From 5:00 to 9:00 we have the alternate greeting play and immediately transfer the call to a cell phone manned by the tech on call. At 9:00 we turn off the alternate greeting and the closed greeting takes over (per the schedule). At this point it should transfer the call to the switchboard at our main site, but it keeps defaulting to the on call cell phone. At first I thought it might have something to do with the speed dial set up in call manager, but when I dial the 5 digit numbers the calls route appropriately. I have checked the routing set up in unity and it looks fine. Both speed dials start with 101XX and we are routing 101??. If it works for the one, it should work for the other.

I read this over and over, and have a question, are either the switchboard or the on call extensions Unity subscribers?

if so I might have a work around.

rlp

Unfortunately, no. The switchboard is actually on our Nortel CS 1000 and the cell phone is AT&T. This worked fine until we attempted to upgrade to CCM 5.0 from 3.3. We had numerous problems with 5.0 and had to go back to 3.3 and this hasn't worked right since. I think something must have gotten changed in error, I just can't figure out what! It's driving me crazy!!!

It just dawned on me that I should probably be more specific. We call these speed dials, but they are actually translation patterns. We have assigned a range of 5 digit numbers all starting with 101 to certain "outside" clinic numbers. For example, if we dial 10100 the system dials "88885287541". The 8888 allows the call to go out without an FAC.

Likewise, when we dial 10107 the sytem dials "88884141000".

I understand the frustration. well we need to find out if Unity is even dialing the numbers. and if Unity is the next thing is there might be a timing issue. ATT/Nortel.

I would use port status monitor to see if the digits are being dialed. maybe call viewer too.

rlp

Ok, I'll give this a shot. Will let you know what I find. I appreciate the input! bj.

there is another thing, you said that you could dial both extensions and they work. I am assuming you dialed from a phone. Well as you know each Unity port is a phone and the Unity ports need to be configured to be able to dial those extensions. it is possible that ccm is configured that Unity can dial one and not the other. CSS/Partitions.

Just something to chech since you upgraded and went back.

rlp

Just wondering if your restriction table in Unity is allowing the call?

Yes, 101?? is allowed in the restriction table. The transfer number for the alternate greeting is currently 10107 and it works fine. If I change the alternate number to 10100 and make the closed transfer number 10107, it will go to 10100. It just keeps defaulting to the transfer number for the alternate greeting. It plays the closed greeting, but transfer to the alternate number. I did try to check the port status, and I can see the call come in. The port the call hits does not seem to be an issue either.

sorry we seem to be asking the same questions over and over.

restriction tables go from top to bottom,

if you hit a no that restricts the number before the yes then it is restricted.

I doubt this is it. Just information.

anyway you saw the calls come in on port status monitor, did you see them go out of Unity? transfers might be on a different port than the call came in on.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: