cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515e VPN Host Connectivity Problem

gecko2207
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a VPN connection that I have.. I have a VPN set up to allow all hosts in a /24 subnet to work across from a single host on my side. From the host on my side, I am able to ping to and access some of the hosts on the other side. I have however, one host that is not allowing me to ping to it. We have verified firewall on the far end is allowing all but I can't make any kind of connection. We have verified that the machine on the far end is pingable and accessible from other networks. It is almost like the host on my side doesn't even try to connect across the tunnel. I have verified in my logs that when I do a ping from my host, it shows it building and tearing down a connection on the firewall for NAT so I know that traffic is at least getting to the firewall but it looks like it is not getting any farther. Has anyone seen any strange behavior like this before? I know that ACLs and such are correct on both ends due to the tunnel coming up when I try to access another host. The tunnel doesn't come up though when I try to ping the problem machine.

Thanks,

Brandon

1 Reply 1

gecko2207
Level 1
Level 1

Also, we have tested from the far end of the tunnel and when I attemp a ping to the problem machine, they don't see any traffic hitting thier VPN endpoint. They do however see traffic to all the other hosts that I attemp to access on thier network.