Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice vlan in 2950 ios switch

bkoum
Level 1
Level 1

hello

we have configured a switch IOS (tm) C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(13)EA1 , and i noticed that u cant configure voice vlan before trunk that port.

Is there any newer ios version which is release me that trunking or we need new switches ?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Excellent question. We have used many 2950's through the years and did discover this limitation when working with Voice Vlans. We have never found a workaround that enabled us to not have to use the (switchport mode trunk) config as you can with newer switch models.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

uniemeyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have IOS

12.1(22)EA6

running and that works without setting the port in trunking mode.

regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Excellent question. We have used many 2950's through the years and did discover this limitation when working with Voice Vlans. We have never found a workaround that enabled us to not have to use the (switchport mode trunk) config as you can with newer switch models.

Hope this helps!

Rob

uniemeyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have IOS

12.1(22)EA6

running and that works without setting the port in trunking mode.

regards

Hi Ulrich,

Nice find on this one :) I'll have to lab up a 2950 and give this a try. 5 points for your good support here!

Thanks again,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: