Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TSP Error (ARC Install)

Hi All,

I am currently deploying ARC and am having some issues controlling the CTI Ports. As a result of these issues the ARC Connect Server will not start.

I have a TAPI user created in CallManager (4.2(3)sr2b) that is associated with the various CTI Route Points, CTI Ports and Phones that ARC requires.

As suggested by ARC I downloaded the TAPI Phone Dialer from www.julmar.com/tapi and have preformed testing with this tool and have removed ARC from the equation.

The TAPI Phone Dialer is able to control the CTI Route Points and also IP Phones to make calls however it can't seem to control the CTI Ports.

It fails with the following error - “lineOpen (0x8000004b) Resource Unavailable”

I have attached the trace file from the TSP (version 4.2(0.5)ES03).

The following has already been tried;

- Create new TAPI user

- Create new CTI Ports

- Restart CTI Service

- Reinstall TSP and associated wave drivers

- Installed TSP and Phone Dialer on different PC

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bennieg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt

This sounds like the Cisco TAPI Wave Driver is not working. Have you installed this? If you have, try removing ALL instances of it (in Device Manager), rebooting the server and then installing it again

Also, make sure you are not doing this via Terminal Services - TS causes issues with the Wave Driver for some reason

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

bennieg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt

This sounds like the Cisco TAPI Wave Driver is not working. Have you installed this? If you have, try removing ALL instances of it (in Device Manager), rebooting the server and then installing it again

Also, make sure you are not doing this via Terminal Services - TS causes issues with the Wave Driver for some reason

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Hey Guys, thanks a lot for your posts, much appreciated!

I ended up resolving this issue by un-installing then re-installing the Cisco TSP using VNC. Apparently there is a know issue with the installation of the Cisco TSP using Terminal Services.

I also hit another issue related to TS and ARC 4.1.4.381 (SR2) on Windows 2003.

When logging into the ARC server using Terminal Services, the in Queue Announcements are no longer able to be heard... After a reboot all services will then function correctly (at least until another login from TS happens).

I have now disabled TS on the Arc Server and have not experienced this issue again. I am now using VNC to access the server.

Thanks again,

Matt

Hi,

I am kinda facing the same problem. I have uninstalled it, rebooted the server, reinstall it, rebooted the server and did it all again but am still getting the same result.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

Thnx

Charl

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

When you installed the TAPI TSP, have you configured the number of automated voice calls under the Wave option? Incidentally, if you change this option you will have to re-install the WAVE driver.

Also it is assumed that have you configured your ARC resource group devices, with at least one Host PBX Gateway?

Regards

Allan.

Allan - seeing as the issue is with Phone1.exe as well, this is not related to the Arc configuration - it seems to be more related to the wave driver itself

Hi Bennie, I would agree with you accept for the fact that the WAV driver has already been re-installed, unless of course it was installed through TS.

I see the point concerning the phone dialer, but was this a Host PBX Port that used to iniate the test call? If this was the case then I would expect an error such as resource unavailable if the WAV was not installed or working correctly?

Allan.

Allan - to be honest, I dont know! It seems that when you try and control a CTI Port via phone.exe, you get a "resource unavailable" error, which is the wave driver not working

I have just reviewed the TSP trace and have discovered the following events:-

CSelsiusTSPWaveList::GetAvailWave() *ERROR* No wave available

CSelsiusTSPDevice::OpenDevice() [ARC_CTI_TEST] *ERROR* GetAvailWave() returned WAVELIST_NOT_ASSIGNED

In light of the above, un-installing the WAV driver rebooting and re-installing the WAV would be a good place to start.

Regards

Allan.