Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3G HWIC

I have heard about a new feature provided by cisco the 3G HWIC card and i'm still unable to get more information about this product as well as if it can be used to voice conversation and not only data.

SO what i'm asking and if it's the case that we can use this release for voice purpose is if we can create a dial-pattern for each card or Sim card i mean if i have two 3G hwic card and i installed two sims and i wanted when i dial a number wich start with 222 it will use the first 3G card to route the call else if i dial 333XXXX it will use the second one? and finally we can just put one sim into each card or there is a way to put more thanks for ur help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, at present time cisco does not produce any product to place and received voice call to cellphone networks. As I mentioned, there are many other vendors that do that.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the HWIC 3G does not support voice calls, ir can be used for data only.

If you want an interface to GSM that supports voice, there are various vendors doing that with ISDN BRI, analog interface, or even with ethernet and IP.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

But still there is no solution provided by Cisco For Unified communication that will provide a card wich can handle GSM call (voice) and manage GSM SIM card to allow the issue & recption of voice call via GSM network?

Correct, at present time cisco does not produce any product to place and received voice call to cellphone networks. As I mentioned, there are many other vendors that do that.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: