Whats it like working as a Cisco SE2?

Unanswered Question
Nov 13th, 2007

Hi,

I have thinking about working in this capacity and people who I have spoken with seem to think Cisco are a good employer.

I am a CCIE who wants to move away from day to day configuring/troubleshooting/implemntation into a more sales/consultancy type of role. I'd like to advise and guide customers on the product set and what you can do with them, do more designs.etc. Ultimately I'd like to be a Consulting Systems Engineer but people start at Cisco as a SE to learn the ropes I understand.

Please tell me all about being a Cisco SE!! Any docs etc?

Regards,

K

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Collin Clark Tue, 11/13/2007 - 13:12

I recently interviewed at Cisco for an SE position and here is what I was told. The work week is 50-60 hours, your main responsibilities are to support the CSE's and your customers with knowledge on Cisco products and services. Configuration on production networks is minimal, however may happen on occasion. You should also be comfortable doing presentations and be knowledgeable in Cisco products (ie be proactive with the customer and Cisco's new products, product enhancements, etc). They're are plenty of SE's lurking, so if I left some stuff out hopefully they'll jump in.

Actions

This Discussion