cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone had any experience with HP's Virtual Connect-Enet

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

These are Virtual Connect - Enet switches installed in HP's C-Class Blade Enclosures and have their uplinks aggregated and connected to CAT6K switces and downlinks connected to NIC cards in Blade Servers in the enclosures. The uplinks can be LACP grouped to uplink to Cisco Switches supporting LACP grouping.

1 Reply 1

anthony.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, we just got one recently and have a similar setup to you...

2xHP switches in the blade chassis, connected to a single (for now) Cisco 6513 using trunks/etherchannel.

I have 2 links from each HP etherchannelled to 2Gb each to seperate blades on the 6513 until we implement a second (this one's only for livetest/dev stuff). These are trunked so that the blade servers themselves can be on different VLAN's to fit in with our Livetest architecture (which is what we're gonna use it for).

The hard part is getting used to the different syntax i.e. a trunk in HP isn't what I'm used to as a trunk in Cisco etc.

If you need any help give me a shout and I'll do my best!

Anthony.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card