Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator/ Corporate Directory

Derivco12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are experiencing problems with some Windows Vista machines running IP Communicator 2.1. When we try to access the Corporate Directory we keep getting a "Host not found" error. Has anyone experinced this?

Regards

Zak

7 Replies 7

davidislas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the same problem but in windows xp CIPC 2.1.2.0 and vista IPC 2.1.3.0

Regards

DIV

hi,

Did you resolve this issue?

cheers

mark

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

My suggestion to you would be this: simply troubleshoot the problem. You can go this path if you like.

1. Log into the IPS and turn the event override to 0 to 100 for "Produce Alert". That way you're reporting on all items, denies and allows. The reason for this is that some signatures might be setup to not produce an alert when it fulfills an action.

2. Review your monitoring screen, unknown if you use MARS or something else. Consistently refresh your screen while attempting the action you require. You'll want to identify the system you're troubleshooting in the alerts.

3. If you are still have issues, possibly set the IPS in bypass mode for a few seconds while you attempt the action again. This will rule out the IPS all together. If you are still running into a problem.. turn back to the event monitor and look even closer, as a signature is your problem.

4. You can either decide that the rule is important and serves a purpose or it does not. With that, you can disable the rule.. or leave it enabled. My suggestion would be to create an "Event Action Filter."

5. Event Action Filter - Create an exception for the signature to allow access to a specific IP address or subnet. The Event Action Filter is pretty self-explanatory, so you shouldn't have a problem creating that.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I hope it helps you find what the problem is.

Pay special care to the TCP normalization signatures as they are the ones that have deny actions by default. Also look carefully at Service DNS signatures.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi,

Could you give me abit more information i.e explicitly where to look in vista.

Thanks

mark

Is this issue only with the IP communicator + vista combination or for xp etc. even..

What about regular IP phones?

Regards

Farrukh

i have the same issue just with Vista and ip communicator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card