cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*AA*NOT SUITABLE dsiplayed on IP Phone

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen the message *AA*NOT SUITABLE displayed on an IP phone when making a call? It doesn't seem to affect the call, but I can't find anything on cisco.com to explain what it means.

Can anyone help?

4 Replies 4

did you ever find a reason for this as I get the same message

I have done a search in our internal database and this problem has been seen quite a few times with E1 PRI services, specifically with Cable and Wireless in the UK. Would this problem be also be happening in England?

There is a Cisco bug opened on this -

CSCea07880

The message is coming from the ISDN Q931 connect IE for outwards calls, so it is a service provider issue. You should be able to confirm this by running 'debug isdn q931' on the gateway router and checking if the CONNECT message has the weird message.

There is a workaround that has been built into the MGCP gateway configuration page -

1. Enter or append "IgnoreDisplayIEinConnect" in the Description field of the PRI Gateway Configuration page. (Make sure it is not truncated due to field length limit.) Call Manager will read this value and ignore the Display IE for inwards connects messages.

2. Save the change and Reset the gateway.

3. Make an outbound call and run debug ISDN Q931. When the called party answers, confirm if the CONNECT message has a Display IE containing the odd message.

4. If necessary, look at the CCM trace and verify the Display IE is in the incoming CONNECT message.

5. Verify the calling party's IP phone doesn't display the content of the Display IE.

Thanks

That fixed it.