cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can connect to router but cannot access machines behind it

kbruvelis
Level 1
Level 1

I am running VPN client 5.0.01.600 on a Vista Business laptop. I have no trouble setting up a connection using the client but I cannot access any machines within the company. I have tried to ping several machines with no success. Thanks for any assistance.

8 Replies 8

kbruvelis
Level 1
Level 1

Also I can access the Internet while the VPN is connected. I was under the impression that this was not possible, which leads me to believe that the VPN tunnel is not being correctly established in the first place.

It is possible to go to the internet while VPNed. This depends upon the security policy that is configured for the VPN Group. For example, you can enable split tunneling and only have specific traffic go to the VPN server while all other traffic go to the internet.

Check the VPN Server side to see what is going on. Since, you are able to connect fine, your authentication looks good. So, I would check NAT is bypassed for VPN Pool of IP Addresses, Access-list is not blocking traffic that is supposed to be permitted and routing and make sure that everything looks good.

Regards,

Arul

Arul

Thanks for your advice. Would there be any reason as to why my current setup works fine for all XP machines but not for any Vista machines?

Are you using the same VPN Group/policies to connect to the VPN Server. Also, what version of the VPN Client Software are you using and is this a 64 Bit Vista OS.

Regards,

Arul

Yes we are using the same VPN Group/policies, using version 5.0.01.600 with a 32 bit vista OS.

Geertreijnders
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with the ASA5510. When I reconfigured the Remote VPN ont he ASA, I could establish a VPN and also access the servers via RDP.

Thanks for the reply. Did you have the problem with XP? As we have had no problem with XP machines.

Yes the problem I had was with Windows XP. But there was something wrong in the configuration of the ASA. I didn't configure which networks should be available for the remote connections

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: