Helpful
Replies

Issues with vpn connection thru ATT DSL

edvasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I hope someone can help me out...

At work we use Cysco VPN Client Verstion 4.8.02.0010

Everyone (about 18 people) can connect to it from their homes. For some reason I am the only member who can not connect.

I am tryihg to connect Via ATT DSL and Cysco VPN Client shows that I am connected, however,

I have no access to any of the networks from work.

I have tried connecting using Cox Cable from a friend's home and it connects just fine.

I have read many threads online that indicate that this is a common occurance with ATT DSL users but I have not found

the fix.

I am using modem/router type 2701 HG-B

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure the encrytpion and parameters such as VPN group are negtotiated properly between the client and the server. Refer http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949c5.shtml for most commonly occuring VPN issues . Contact ATT for configuring their servers.

joleary76
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same exact problem. Although I am using client v5.0.00.0340 on Windows Vista.

We have 2 other users experiencing the same thing, one is on ATT DSL and another is using a Satellite connection.

I have since figure out my problem.

I turned off my firewall for that one laptop.

However, I did not do it from my network connections but rather from my modem/router menu.

This could be found through any browser by going to home.com while using your laptop at home.

the laptop must be restarted for settings to take place.

cbellamy
Level 1
Level 1

We have had some of our home users experience the same problem. What has worked for is having them contact there ISP and getting the to set the modem to bridge mode. This has been the fix on our Vista boxes but the XP's haven't seen the problem that I know of. I have been searching the web trying to find an explanation for it and I have been unsuccessful.