Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for "bad" events in mail_logs

Hi,

We have a C100, and once in a while I have to go through the mail logs to look for certain events. Is there a documentation that lists the keywords that I can look for to find out if certain messages were rejected becasue of any number of reasons - such as the attachment size was too large, the recipient address is invalid, server is blacklisted, etc...

Also, some comcast.net email users are saying that they are getting a bounce back saying "size exceeded limit"; however, when I search the mail logs for any "from" entries with their comcast.net emails address, nothing shows up. However, I do see a bunch of "reject sg blacklist" from comcast.net servers around that date/time. I realize that a lot of comcast.net mail servers are blacklisted. Is it possible that when the connection is rejected because of a blacklisted server (due to low SBRS) that the bounce back will read "size exceeded limit"? Do senders even get bounce backs when the email server connection is rejected?

Thank you. :)

1 Reply 1

With your size exceeded error messages - if you look at the THROTTLED sender policy settings you will see that if Comcast goes into that group (from having a negative Senderbase score) they not only get rate limited to one message per hour, they also have a smaller maximum message size limitation.

There's probably not much point throttling their message size* - so change it to whatever your normal accepted size is.

* happy to hear any reason as to why

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: