aghaznavi Tue, 11/20/2007 - 07:13
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Interface suppression, monitors packets passing from an interface to the switching bus and determines if the packet is unicast, multicast, or broadcast. The device counts the number of packets of a specified type received and sent within the one second time interval and compares the measurement with a pre-defined suppression-level threshold.

Jan Nejman Tue, 11/20/2007 - 07:18
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

I think that "linker.team" thought, that in the netflow export he saw a zero ifindex (it means unknown interface).

Jan

linker.team Tue, 11/20/2007 - 07:28
User Badges:

Hi Jan

I didn't mean that. In a WAN accelerator , assume it has 2 interfaces A and B. A 50 MB traffic went in to the A interface comes out as 5 MB traffic. So I cannot use the ingress flow record that is exported by an interface A to put the outtraffic for interface B...How can I idetify the real out traffic using any analyzers?

linker.team Tue, 11/20/2007 - 07:24
User Badges:

Thanks for your input. But it seems you are talking about the suppression of interface information on a real data traffic. But my question was suppressing the output (destination interface) information on netflow record exported by a WAN accelerator.

Actions

This Discussion