cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow - Ouput interface suppression

linker.team
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me about suppressing the output interface information logic..and how it is helpful in WAN accelaration device.

4 Replies 4

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Interface suppression, monitors packets passing from an interface to the switching bus and determines if the packet is unicast, multicast, or broadcast. The device counts the number of packets of a specified type received and sent within the one second time interval and compares the measurement with a pre-defined suppression-level threshold.

Hello,

I think that "linker.team" thought, that in the netflow export he saw a zero ifindex (it means unknown interface).

Jan

Hi Jan

I didn't mean that. In a WAN accelerator , assume it has 2 interfaces A and B. A 50 MB traffic went in to the A interface comes out as 5 MB traffic. So I cannot use the ingress flow record that is exported by an interface A to put the outtraffic for interface B...How can I idetify the real out traffic using any analyzers?

Thanks for your input. But it seems you are talking about the suppression of interface information on a real data traffic. But my question was suppressing the output (destination interface) information on netflow record exported by a WAN accelerator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: