I already installed several VoWiFi projects but all of them had the same problem: the wireless phone (7920 or 7921) decides to roam when it reaches the rssi +/- -75dBm (sometimes -80dBm), when there is a better option like -60dBm earlier, which causes voice gaps for 2 or 3 seconds. Does not happen all the time but it happens. I already adopt a few measures on the design like:
- Always use a controller
- I use 802.11bg for data and 802.11a for voice
- Minimum cell size for voice is -67dBm
- Disable all speeds below 11Mbps for voice
- Disable "dhcp required feature"
- I dont use "agreesive load balancing" for voice
- Auto-RF is enabled (DFS and DTPC)
Am I doing anything wrong? Is it really that hard to implement seamless roaming for VoWiFi?