Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting SSID to certain APs

dominik78
Level 4
Level 4

Hey All,

I have two WLANs configured on my WLC. One of the SSIDs is for some HREAPs at another site.

I don't want the local APs offering the SSID for my HREAPs, nor do I want the remote HREAPs to advertise my local SSID/WLAN at the remote site.

How do I go about this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dominik,

Take a look at the WLAN Override functionality. This is from the documentation:

"The default system behavior is for a WLAN Controller (WLC) to push all WLANs to all

of its joined APs. Many Cisco customers deploying the Cisco Unified Wireless Network

solution want to restrict certain SSIDs to sets of access points. For example, an

enterprise might want to offer open guest access in an Executive Briefing Center but no

where else on the campus. The way to override the default behavior is to use the WLAN

Override feature."

Hope this helps. Please rate the response so that others will know you believed it was useful, and helped in answering your question.

Best,

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dominik,

Take a look at the WLAN Override functionality. This is from the documentation:

"The default system behavior is for a WLAN Controller (WLC) to push all WLANs to all

of its joined APs. Many Cisco customers deploying the Cisco Unified Wireless Network

solution want to restrict certain SSIDs to sets of access points. For example, an

enterprise might want to offer open guest access in an Executive Briefing Center but no

where else on the campus. The way to override the default behavior is to use the WLAN

Override feature."

Hope this helps. Please rate the response so that others will know you believed it was useful, and helped in answering your question.

Best,

Paul

I just got done looking up WLAN Override. That pretty much hit the nail on the head. Thakns for the help!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card