cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM - Power supply fault

ASF_SVI_ITE
Level 1
Level 1

good morning! I wish to do a foolowing question: is it possible display on alerts panel any trap received after a power supply fault? And, if yes, which configuration have I do?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Alberto Malatesta

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM is not a general purpose trap receiver, and will only process and/or display a small number of traps (none of which relates to power supply failures).

However, DFM will poll certain devices for PS failures. It just depends on your version of DFM, and the device in question. If DFM is able to detect a fault in a power supply, that fault will be displayed in DFM's Alerts and Activities Display.

I have a datacenter with 2 switch Catalyst 4507 e 2 router 7206VXR (to connecting via WAN small offices). The version of DFM is 2.0.6. Is DFM able to detect? I have made some tests but I haven't seen coming no message. In the case, can you suggest how have I configure DFM?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: