4400 series Controller- Disabling certain alarms

Answered Question
Nov 14th, 2007

I'm being driven crazy by alarms!!

I have a muni mesh system, I have no wired APs other than a few RAPS.

I do not care about Rogue access points (have no wired network so they aren't a threat), nor do I care (right now) about possible security attacks or many of the other things that cause these flashing circles on the WCS visual map display.

I need to disable these two features entirely for now. I am well aware of parent changes, suspected attacks, coverage holes and rogues!

I can change the notification level to information only, but I still get the map display.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Ralph

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by justin_miller about 9 years 3 weeks ago

On the controller(s) you can go to "security" --> "Wireless Protection Policies" and then which ever you are looking for. Such as "Rouge Policies" and de-select "Detect and report Ad-Hoc Networks" You can also tell it not to scan for rogues or detect and report on attacks. Pending which version of WCS you are running you can tell it to only keep certain alarms for so long.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
dennischolmes Wed, 11/14/2007 - 08:14

Yep, the prescription for extra strength tylenols. LOL Seriously, I'll look into it.

Correct Answer
justin_miller Thu, 11/15/2007 - 11:39

On the controller(s) you can go to "security" --> "Wireless Protection Policies" and then which ever you are looking for. Such as "Rouge Policies" and de-select "Detect and report Ad-Hoc Networks" You can also tell it not to scan for rogues or detect and report on attacks. Pending which version of WCS you are running you can tell it to only keep certain alarms for so long.

ralphfowler Thu, 11/15/2007 - 21:04

Thanks Justin.

You would not believe how much time I spent poring over menus and not finding that myself.

That did the trick.

Thanks

Ralph

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode